We are looking for volunteers to assist our employment team in providing legal advice on employment law to clients over the phone/by email on employment related issues, with particular emphasis on their rights during the Covid 19 outbreak.
The role will entail interviewing clients over the phone to obtain relevant information and advising them as to their rights/options. Full support will be provided.
About Nucleus Legal Advice - Social welfare law in Kensington & Chelsea
Nucleus is an independent legal advice centre providing free, confidential impartial advice on most matters. They can provide assistance and representation at court or tribunal in our specialist areas of work. These include:
1. Benefits - e.g. income support, job seekers allowance, disability benefit etc.
2. Debt - e.g. credit, council tax etc.
3. Employment - e.g. sex or race discrimination etc.
4. Housing - e.g. homelessness, disrepair etc.
5. Immigration - e.g. asylum, nationality etc.
They mainly work with clients living in the SW5, SW7, SW10, W8, & W14 areas.
Times you can volunteer
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Talking to others