At CNWL Digital Volunteers help people get online and use technology.
Digital volunteers need to be adaptable and confident with a range of different technologies. You might need to support a carer with their own laptop, smartphone or tablet, help them access a government service online or arrange a Zoom call with the person they care for. You don’t need to be an expert in all technologies, but a good working knowledge of general end-user IT would be useful.
• Provide IT advice and support to carers who may otherwise not be digitally engaged
• Help carers learn the basics of technology e.g. switching on, searching the internet, sending and receiving email
• Help carers help those they care for stay connected to NHS services
• Offer advice on the basics of online safety, e.g. guarding against identity theft, phishing and scamming
• Support carers to become more digitally fluent using email and apps such as Zoom, Facebook and WhatsApp
• Delivering short and ready prepared webinars and workshops for fellow volunteers on those digital platforms
• Keep an accurate record of volunteering activities
• Communicate regularly with the volunteer coordinator, attending workshops and webinars
About Central North West London NHS (CNWL)
CNWL is a large and diverse organisation, providing health care services for people with a wide range of physical and mental health needs.
We provide over 300 different health services across 150 sites and in many other community settings. Our catchment area covers a range of vibrant and diverse communities, with over 100 first languages spoken, containing areas of great affluence as well as areas of much deprivation.
We are constantly developing our organisation to provide modern, dependable services that meet the needs of the people within the communities that we serve.
Times you can volunteer
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons