Are you interested in pursuing a career in Digital Communications with a small charity based in North Kensington?
The Venture centre is looking for a volunteer to help us develop a communications strategy to increase our digital media presence within the local community.
You will increase community engagement by using various social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook etc. and regularly update/edit our website. You will also have the option to showcase your creative skills by creating posters for our activities.
We are a great charity with lots to offer the community and volunteers. We just need a little help in spreading the word and sharing.
This is a great way to gain experience, as well as building your CV.
About Venture Community Centre
The Venture Community Association (VCA) was established in 1960 and comprises; the oldest Adventure Playground in UK delivering OFSTED registered children’s services, a purpose-built Steel Panyard and a thriving Community Centre.
- To provide appropriate opportunities for the people of the North Kensington Community regardless of gender, age, sexuality, ability, political, religious or other opinions, and to encourage an acceptance and understanding of other cultures.
- To be responsive to community needs in the provision of services and the development of the VCA by consulting with and listening to the views of the local community on a regular basis.
- To encourage self-help and mutual aid through ongoing support and the provision of a wide range of services and information for individuals, groups and communities.
- To provide flexible child care for local families, and practical support to parents and carers of children.
- To provide and assist in the provision of play and other facilities, to develop the physical, mental and spiritual capacities of children, young people and their families.
- To create a friendly and safe environment offering informal support and friendship, where people can meet others and access services such as community events and outings, educational classes, opportunities for learning and a venue for events and celebrations of life.
We aim to achieve this through our generic community centre, wide range of user groups, community development, and childrens adventure play (after school and holiday open access play provider).
Times you can volunteer
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Reading & Writing