Women Association for Networking & Development (WAND) is a small charity based in the Grenfell area and is actively working in a number of London boroughs, currently running regular activities and supporting over 400 vulnerable women, disadvantaged young girls and families in Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham and Westminster.
This role will make a significant difference to us, enabling us to be more effective in spreading the word about our great work and promote our activities better and gain further support for the work we do.
• Creating engaging social media content and scheduling social media posts, liaising with staff as needed
• Managing our social media community including moderating and responding to comments and messages
• Growing our followers on social media platforms
• Identifying key influencers and develop influencer engagement strategies
• Making links with appropriate organizations to build new relationships within our online community
• Managing content calendars, inputting key social media activities and updating as necessary.
• Keeping up to date with WAND UK events and news
What's in it for you?
• Opportunity to make a real and significant difference to a very small organization.
• Satisfaction in knowing you are supporting our valuable work, making a difference to the lives of many disadvantaged and vulnerable women and young girls in our community.
• Join a friendly staff and volunteer team at WAND UK
• To enable the local community by raising awareness.
About WAND UK
Women's Association for African Networking and Development (WAND UK) provides information, advice, advocacy and support to Black and Minority Ethnic people. Women's Association for African Networking and Development focuses in three main areas namely:
(1) Domestic Violence prevention project (2) Sexual Health and HIV project and (3) Mental Health and well-being.
We also provide information and advice, training and education, advocacy, volunteering, cultural activities, group and multilingual, multicultural one to one sessions offering practical, social ,emotional cultural and peer support.
Times you can volunteer
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons