As a group facilitator you will prepare a piece of writing prior to each session and engage with the group to reflect upon the emotions and thoughts behind your piece of work.
During the coronavirus pandemic we have overhauled our services and volunteer programme to deliver more activities through Zoom, rather than our traditional face to face support groups. In addition, we will be launching telephone groups to reach out to more carers who either do not feel comfortable using Zoom, or who do not have internet access.
Creative writing is the process of expressing your deepest thoughts, reflections, and emotions through a piece writing, as opposed to simply demonstrating information.
As a group facilitator you will prepare a piece of writing prior to each session and engage with the group to reflect upon the emotions and thoughts behind your piece of work. In addition, you will facilitate group exercises whereby you engage each carer to contribute to a sentence and paragraph of a freestyle writing exercise to convey a compelling story, created through either hypothetical content or real-life events.
As this is a completely new group the content is a blank canvas with scope to be utilising outside of the box thinking. We are looking for a creative and articulate person to lead this group who holds a real passion for storytelling. If this sounds like you then we are looking to hear from you.
• Host a weekly telephone creative writing group for our carers
• Engage with all participants to encourage storytelling and bounce ideas off one another given that a telephone group may be more impersonal than a face to face activity, the volunteer will create a warm welcoming atmosphere.
• Explore the thought processes and ideas behind carers’ stories
• To ensure that all participants have an equal opportunity to speak
• Empowering carers to be emotive and creative to develop visual storytelling through the power of words
• Evoke real or imaginary people, places or animals through memories and reflections
About Carers Network - Kensington and Chelsea
Carers Network is an independent charity. Our vision is that every unpaid carer is recognised and leads a healthy, fulfilling life with control over their caring role.
Carers Network provides a tailored service to unpaid carers; supporting them to identify their needs and empowering them to make informed choices for themselves and the person they care for.
Core services include:Information - carers are offered an initial assessment and information about carers rights through to a Statutory Carers Assessment.
Specialist Support: We have an enhanced level of support, which may involve more in-depth casework, and advocacy.
Counselling Service: Carers are offered Cognitive Behavioural Therapy sessions by a qualified and experienced therapist. And much more!
Times you can volunteer
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons
Reading & Writing