As a Community Sports Volunteer you will assist in the delivery of sport, physical activity, and exercise sessions and/or support sports clubs to deliver sessions and events in GLL Leisure centres or in the community.
Tasks could include: • Promoting other sports activities and events within existing sessions • Supporting coaches with the set up of equipment
• Assisting in the organising and delivery of coaching sessions including translating instructions, explaining drills, providing demonstrations and working with smaller groups within the session.
• To assist the Lead Coach to provide a number of top quality safe sessions and maintain the highest of standards in customer service and safe practice across GLL leisure centres
• To work with sports clubs and coaches to ensure all kit and equipment is kept to a high standard and daily, weekly and monthly checks recorded correctly
• To be able to talk to members of the public, exhibitors and guests etc. giving information about the session and GLL facility where the session is being held
• Recording participation numbers
• Reporting of incidents, accidents and dangerous occurrences to an appropriate member of staff
About GLL / Better
GLL exists to make community services and spaces better for everyone. In practice, that means investing all surpluses back into providing quality leisure, health and library facilities for the good of the communities where we operate.
Our activities centre around improving health, fitness, and wellbeing as well as increasing sporting participation, however, we also have initiatives focusing on career development.
Times you can volunteer
Saturday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings