Volunteers will work alongside experienced caseworkers to help us deliver our advice service to clients. We are looking for people who have a genuine interest in helping others. If you are looking for experience to help you get back into work, want to volunteer in your retirement or want to develop your skills in a new area of work, then this may be for you.
You do not need to have any specific experience or qualifications as training will be provided, but you will need:
• To be good at listening
• Be friendly and approachable and able to put people at their ease
• Be open minded and non judgemental
• Be comfortable talking to people with different backgrounds, cultures and experiences
• To understand the confidential nature of clients problems
• To have basic computing skills
• To have an ability to problem solve
• To be able to work as part of a team
• To be willing to learn and to develop new skills
• To have good numeracy and literacy and be able to read, write and speak good English
About Nucleus Legal Advice - Social welfare law in Kensington & Chelsea
Nucleus is an independent legal advice centre providing free, confidential impartial advice on most matters. They can provide assistance and representation at court or tribunal in our specialist areas of work. These include:
1. Benefits - e.g. income support, job seekers allowance, disability benefit etc.
2. Debt - e.g. credit, council tax etc.
3. Employment - e.g. sex or race discrimination etc.
4. Housing - e.g. homelessness, disrepair etc.
5. Immigration - e.g. asylum, nationality etc.
They mainly work with clients living in the SW5, SW7, SW10, W8, & W14 areas.
Times you can volunteer
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons