Have you had experience in the criminal justice system? Do you want to put this experience to good use, and help others to achieve their goals?
The Peer Mentors main duties will be to:
1. Support all the work done by the Minerva service within Advance
2. Provide emotional and practical support to women in achieving their individual goals
3. Co-facilitate group sessions
4. Work in a supportive, non judgemental, and non directive manner
5. Attend volunteer meetings, individual and group supervision, and ongoing training as necessary
6. Maintain boundaries with service users at all times
7. Deal sensitively and confidentially with enquiries from service users and visitors to the project;
8. Ensure that the requirements of Advance Health & Safety Policy are met, informing the Director of Minerva Services of any concerns;
9. Respond appropriately to requests for information from staff, trustees, partner agencies, funders and interested parties;
10. Attend relevant training, conferences and seminars on behalf of the project and take responsibility for self-development on a continuous basis;
11. Undertake all necessary administration relating to both client and yourself as peer mentor;
12. Where requested, work with the Peer Mentor co-ordinator to conduct regular reviews of the project and compile reports as required;
13. Work within the organisation’s Health and Safety, Confidentiality, Equal Opportunities and all other relevant policies;
14. Demonstrate a willingness to work at any of Advance’s sites, including external agencies and on occasion attend evening or weekend meetings
15. Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Director, CEO and Board of Trustees.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time when it was drawn up and will be reviewed from time to time. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
For more information: advancecharity.org.uk
About Advance Minerva
Advance’s Minerva service works with women involved in the Criminal Justice System offering safe, targeted support and advocacy to women to help them address their complex needs in relation to the 9 pathways to offending, such as substance misuse and financial difficulties. Minerva aims to reduce re-offending, encourage desistance amongst repeat offenders, divert women from Criminal Justice involvement as early as possible and reduce the number of custodial sentences imposed by Courts.
We support people pan-London across 15 boroughs.
We offer support to adults that identify as women regardless of their ethnicity, sexuality, immigration status, physical and mental heath.
Times you can volunteer
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons