The Venture Centre is looking for an enthusiastic Volunteer to join our Wednesday lunch club team for the Golborne community champions project. Chef Volunteers are invaluable to keeping our lunch club going - we have about 30 people attending each week, meaning its a cosy, buzzing atmosphere.
Chefs help out with planning a health menu, preparing meals including vegetarian options and halal meat. Other tasks included doing the shopping, food preparation, clearing and washing up at the end. Lead Chefs alternate weekly, meaning you will have the opportunity both to lead on planning and making the meals of the day, as well as supporting other Chefs.
Volunteers are needed on Wednesdays, starting from the 12th February, 10:30-14:00.
About Venture Community Centre
The Venture Community Association (VCA) was established in 1960 and comprises; the oldest Adventure Playground in UK delivering OFSTED registered children’s services, a purpose-built Steel Panyard and a thriving Community Centre.
- To provide appropriate opportunities for the people of the North Kensington Community regardless of gender, age, sexuality, ability, political, religious or other opinions, and to encourage an acceptance and understanding of other cultures.
- To be responsive to community needs in the provision of services and the development of the VCA by consulting with and listening to the views of the local community on a regular basis.
- To encourage self-help and mutual aid through ongoing support and the provision of a wide range of services and information for individuals, groups and communities.
- To provide flexible child care for local families, and practical support to parents and carers of children.
- To provide and assist in the provision of play and other facilities, to develop the physical, mental and spiritual capacities of children, young people and their families.
- To create a friendly and safe environment offering informal support and friendship, where people can meet others and access services such as community events and outings, educational classes, opportunities for learning and a venue for events and celebrations of life.
We aim to achieve this through our generic community centre, wide range of user groups, community development, and childrens adventure play (after school and holiday open access play provider).
Times you can volunteer
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Talking to others