If you’re interested in health and wellbeing and enjoy working with people, then look no further!
The aim of the Notting Dale Community Champions project is to bring together volunteers and local residents from the Lancaster West and Silchester estates in the Notting Dale Ward to help raise awareness of various health and wellbeing need.
Whether it be physical health, healthy eating, mental health or specific health concerns like diabetes or dementia – we work with young children, families, elderly residents and anyone in between!
Community Champions Role
As a Community Champion you will be able to actively make a difference within your community; with flexible hours and a minimum of 3 months commitment, this volunteer role has many different aspects, including:
- Collecting information – carrying out a baseline survey to find the health and wellbeing needs of the local residents
- Contacting the community – through friends and family, meeting local community groups or even setting up a group of your own
- Listening to people – find out residents’ health and social care needs; including, healthy eating, exercise, mental health and wellbeing
- Carrying out community outreach – provide a presence within the Notting Dale Ward through participating in local events and fairs
- Signposting residents – make relevant referrals and inform people of the local services available
- Providing feedback to service providers – use the information you’ve collected to influence local service providers including the NHS, local council and neighbourhood forums
- Organising events & campaigns – to raise awareness and collect information surrounding health issues in your local area
If you would like more information about the project, please contact Ewa, our Programme Manager: