Would you like to join our team, here at VCKC? Volunteer Advisors are our front-line volunteering champions who every month help hundreds of people from all backgrounds to find the right opportunities.
They listen to everyone willing to give up a bit of their time to do great things in our community, understand what their motivation is, what skills they want to learn or give, whether they want to volunteer in groups or individually, indoor or outdoor, weekdays or weekends.
- You will need to have good communication skills, including listening abilities, will easily communicate via emails and phone calls, be computer literate and have a passion for helping others and will love working in a multicultural environment.
- A minimum of three months commitment is required. This will allow us to properly train our Volunteers Advisors and help them achieve their learning objectives, while using their skills for building stronger communities across Kensington and Chelsea. This role is for 1-2 days a week, between 10-4pm with the option to work on Saturday mornings.
- This role can be performed at home but with flexibility of going to the office if required
- We understand the constraints of parents willing to volunteer and we are very happy to adapt our schedule to their needs.
- Reasonable travel expenses and lunch of up to £5.
- Great communication skills – you will need to have telephone conversations with volunteers and organisations
- IT proficient – specifically Excel
- Over 18s
- Long or short-term commitment (minimum of 10 weeks)
- Older people
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply