Kensington and Chelsea London Borough Council has introduced a Household Support Fund to make help available for residents of the Borough struggling with household bills, food and clothing.
Automatic payments will be made to the following residents:
- Families entitled to Free School Meals will receive, on average, £3.75 per weekday per pupil during the school holidays.
- Care leavers.
- Families with no recourse to public funds
- Early Help families that are not eligible for Section 17 support.
- Short Breaks Families but not attending schools.
- Early Years families accessing 2-yr old offer.
- Residents in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction and not in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
If you are in the above groups, there is no need for you to apply to this fund. The Council will contact eligible residents directly to make a payment.
However, if you have not received a Cost of Living Payment from the Department for Work and Pensions and are in receipt of any of the benefits listed above then you can submit an application.
You may also still be entitled to a Household Support Fund payment, even if you are not in any of the above groups.
To learn more about this support offered by RBKC and to apply, please click here.