Are you passionate about the difference volunteering can make?
The Volunteer Centre is growing its team, to support our mission in making volunteering accessible to all. We are looking for people that are passionate about the difference volunteering can make to their local community, and committed to sharing the value of volunteering with the public.
As an Outreach Advisor, you will be based in community hubs, speaking with members of the public to identify appropriate volunteer opportunities for them. You will be trained and supported to interview clients to understand their interests and motivations, and to assess the person’s needs, supporting them to access further services if needed. Activities will involve:
• Meeting clients in community hubs to help them search for volunteer opportunities
• Use the VCKC database and newsletter to identify suitable opportunities
• Support clients to register for opportunities and apply for roles
• Assess if clients need specialised support to refer them in to other VCKC services
• Promote the benefits of volunteering with the public
• Liaise with staff at community hubs to encourage them to signpost clients
• Effectively communicate with the VCKC team to access support
• Attend regular training and support sessions
About Volunteer Centre Kensington and Chelsea
With over 45 years’ experience, our team are on hand to offer expert advice specifically tailored to you.
Our mission is to build the capacity of local people and organisations by empowering our community to realise their potential through volunteering.
Whether you’re looking to gain new skills, meet new people, or just simply give back to your community – we’re here to help!
Times you can volunteer
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons